Our goals for the kindergarten students:
- to be kind to one another and to treat each other with respect
- to practice good sportsmanship
- to listen in a class setting where they are kept busy with many different activities to peek their interest
- to make friends, and enjoy sports activities together
- to get off to a good start to the year, we have a special pick-up policy for the kindergarten students.
Kindergarten students schedule & information:
- 11:00-11:55 science class
- 11:55 sports leaders meet these students and walk with them to wash hands, eat lunch, and participate in sports activities. Students ask permission to go to the restroom and sports leaders escort them to the bathroom and also to return to the class afterwards.
- 11:55-12:00 wash hands, use the restroom, then head outside for lunch (sack lunch provided by parent)
- 12:20 finish up their lunch
- 12:20-2:00 sports activities outside, weather permitting
- Some kindergarten students have the stamina to play all day in an at CHESSIE. Others, however are depleted of their energy reserves in a few hours.
- We do not want students to be forced to stay at CHESSIE if they are too tired to stay until 2:00. In order to provide what is in the best interest of each child, we are setting up a pick-up schedule for these young students.
KINDERGARTEN STUDENT PICK-UP
- Sports for Kindergarten students is scheduled from 12:00-2:00. If a student is showing signs of weariness and is struggling to stay, they may not be able to be at CHESSIE until 2:00, the sports area coordinator (Pip Chambers) will talk to the parent when they come to pick up their child, if this is the case. One week of showing weariness will not deem it necessary to pick up your child early.
- However, if the child is really struggling to stay until 2:00 after the second week, you will be asked to check in with the CHESSIE staff by phone at 12:45 to see how your child is doing. Please call Pip Chambers (C: 434-242-6121). You will be asked to return to pick up your child if they are really struggling. If you have not called and your child is struggling, our staff will call you.
- If there is a third week where your child is showing weariness and struggling to stay, you will be asked to pick up your child at 1:00 for the remainder of the semester. You may try again in January to see if your child can stay until 2:00 and be energetic and enjoy being at CHESSIE.
KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS WITH OLDER SIBLINGS AT CHESSIE
- If you have older children participating at CHESSIE and your kindergartner is desiring to stay later and go home at the time their siblings do, the parent must have permission from our sports area coordinator (Pip Chambers). Parents need to be aware that if the K student stays past 2:00, they will be with the older students playing sports. They are with the bigger groups of students and are not monitored as closely as they are until 2:00. A kindergarten student may not stay later than 2:00 the month of September. If you have other children staying later, you may talk to Pip at that time to determine if it will work for your Kindergartener to stay later.